It’s officially Clearwater Beach Spring Break season! Get ready! Clearwater Beach is about to get busy this weekend! Expect to see the Clearwater Beach area become extra busy on March 11, 2022, through March 20, 2020. The entire Tampa Bay area may become busier during this time because of the local areas’ spring breaks occurring simultaneously. The school systems of Pinellas, Hillsborough, Pasco, Hernando, Manatee, and Sarasota counties all have spring break during these dates. Add in the University of South Florida located in Tampa, and that adds up to over 500,000 students, families, and staff in the area on spring break.
Parking can quickly become a hassle with this many visitors. If you’re looking to get around check out the Jolly Trolley which is offering free rides during the Clearwater Beach Spring Break season. Looking for things to do while visiting Clearwater Beach? Check out our events page to see what’s going on in the Tampa Bay area!
Clearwater Beach Spring Break – Things to Know
- No glass on Clearwater Beach
- Alcohol is not allowed on the beach
- No open flames or grills on the beach
- Dogs are not allowed on the majority of Clearwater Beach (there is a dog-friendly area on the north side of Clearwater Beach)
- If a storm is coming in, get off the beach and go indoors
- Bring sunscreen with you to the beach and reapply
- Swim near a Clearwater Beach Lifeguard station
- Watch the beach warning flags (see below)