If you’re headed to Clearwater Beach, Florida for a vacation and looking for more to do outside than just sitting on the beach, don’t worry! There’s plenty to do in the area. Enjoy the beautiful outdoors and enjoy some Clearwater Beach fishing, golfing, kayaking, or paddleboard, and more!
Shore Fishing on Clearwater Beach
You can cast a line right into the Gulf of Mexico off Clearwater Beach if you’d like, but there are a few things to know before you do. The best and safest area for shore fishing on Clearwater Beach is on the north beach side of Clearwater Beach. It’s quieter throughout the day, but especially quiet in the mornings giving you plenty of room to fish safely. For those traveling to Clearwater Beach, keep in mind non-residents who are 16 years or older need to obtain Florida licenses and permits for fishing from shore, kayaks, or private boats in Florida.
Florida Fishing Licenses, Permits, and Fees:
If you don’t have a fishing Florida fishing license, don’t worry there are still other options to fish in the Clearwater Beach area such as fishing from Pier 60 or on chartered fishing boats.
Fishing on Pier 60
You can fish on Pier 60 in Clearwater Beach 7 days a week, from 6 AM to 10 PM. Simply walk down the pier to get to the Pier 60 Bait House and the Pier 60 Fishing Pier area. You can bring your own rod, or rent one directly from the Pier 60 Bait House for $8.00.
Daily Fishing Fees:
- Adults: $8.00
- Seniors: $6.75
- Children 15 and under: $5.25
- Adults: $30.00
- Seniors: $25.00
- Children 15 and under $20.00
- Adults: $60.00
- Seniors: $50.00
- Adults: $250.00
- Seniors: $200.00
Clearwater Beach Fishing Charters
There are many different Clearwater Beach fishing charters available in the area, most of which can be found at the Clearwater Beach Marina which is located just across the street from Pier 60 at the Clearwater Beach roundabout. There are so many fishing charters in the Clearwater Marina that it is the largest fishing fleet on the west coast of Florida! Below you’ll find a list of some of the Fishing Charters located in the marina and other nearby areas for both inshore and offshore fishing in the Clearwater Beach area!
- Daisy Mae Fishing Charters | 727-442-1502
- Bait House Charters | 727-647-2930
- Above Average Fishing Charters | 727-365-7931
- Queen Fleet Deep Sea Fishing | 727-446-7666
- Double Eagle Deep Sea Fishing | 727-446-1653
- Dos Amigos Fishing Charter | 727-443-4653
- Gulfstream Charters | 727-442-6339
- FishEye Sport Fishing Charters | 727-243-4082
- Scales N Tails Charters | 727-642-4804
- Gypsy Charters | 727-461-4882
- Charter Boat Two C’S II | 727-797-0784
- Legendary Adventures LLC | 877-740-0825
- Double Hook Clearwater Fishing Charter | 727-461-4533
- Reel Deal Sportfishing | 727-906-7749
- Monster Fishing Charters | 866-775-2992
- HIGH TIDE Saltwater Charters | 727-277-5520
- YACHTFISH Fishing Charters | 727-433-4200
- 100 Proof Charters | 727-415-8625
- Florida Coast Charters | 727-461-4533
- Snoopy II | 727-441-2555
- Coastal Chaos Fishing Charters | 727-422-8636
- Hooked for Life Charters | 727-455-9400
- Captain Jared Fishing Charter | 727-831-0111
- 2 Shea Fishing and Diving Charters | 813-385-2169
- Wet Lines Fishing Charters | 678-938-0501
- Rebel Coast Charters | 727-771-3467
- Tampa Bay Flats Fishing | 727-808-1846
Clearwater Beach Fishing Gear
If you’re on vacation in Clearwater Beach and didn’t pack your fishing gear, don’t worry, there are places to rent everything you need nearby! Here are some places to rent fishing equipment in Clearwater Beach, Florida.
- Clearwater Beach PaddleBoard and Bike Rental Co. | 727-444-0441
- The Bait House | 727-647-2930
- Pier 60 Bait Shop | 727-462-6466
- Barracuda Bob’s Island Surf & Sports | 727-466-1776
Looking for a place to stay?
B&W Management, Inc. has been providing the best Clearwater Beach Vacation Rentals to satisfied visitors for over 34 years. We are a trusted local business and you always book directly with us with no extra fees which saves you money! Join us to enjoy Clearwater Beach, Florida’s most luxurious vacation rental condos located directly on the white sandy beaches of the Gulf of Mexico.
View Our Beachfront Condos Now